Our excellent and completely free buy-to-let profit calculator has had a facelift. It's now even easier to see your ROI, yield, investment and monthly profit at a glance.
If you've seen it before (or even if you haven't), give it a try now to see how your next property investment could work out.
Quick and simple to use
You only need to enter three numbers to get started:
- your expected purchase price
- your forecast repair cost
- the monthly rent you expect
After you've entered those numbers you can either scroll down and click "Calculate" or wait a moment to see your results automatically appear.
Set your cash
If you leave the "Cash Available" field empty the calculator will work out the minimum investment you could put in to make the deal satisfy the mortgage requirements.
You might want to put in a bit more to improve your cash flow or perhaps ask for a calculation with a bit less, to see how far away from your target that would leave things.
Tune the mortgage
The calculator comes with some "reasonable" mortgage criteria pre-set but the chances are they wont fit your exact situation. So you can scroll down a bit on the calculator to customise the interest rate, fees, LTV and rental cover details. See the results instantly update as you make changes.
Save, Download or Share
With your results on the screen you'll also see buttons to:
- Save & Compare - create a free account and store this calculation, you can then add others to compare different properties you're considering.
- Share - get a unique URL for your calculation and send it to anyone you like, they'll be able to see the exact numbers you entered and full results.
- Download - we'll email you a PDF with all your input figures and calculated results so you can keep them for easy reference in the future or to send on.
The results don't just give headline numbers, there's also a complete table with calculated figures for yield, ROI, profit, required investment, stamp duty, available mortgage and more. There's even a table giving an outline of how the Section 24 (mortgage interest relief) tax changes will affect the resulting income.
Try out the buy-to-let profit calculator for your next property deal.